Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! ¡Feliz Navidad!

I hope everyone is enjoying their time with their friends and family over the holidays, I know I am!

Speaking of holidays, make sure y'all (yep, it's a word!) stay safe while having fun!

And I'm sure all you people celebrating Christmas are enjoying the gifts you received!

This year, I didn't get much... Just a new Xbox 360 controller! However, I do not intend to use this controller with an Xbox 360. Rather, I intend to use it with my computer!

The Xbox 360 controller can be used with both Windows and Linux computers. With Windows Vista and up, the driver is automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update when it is plugged in.

For Linux, the wired controller should have out-of-the-box support in the latest kernels, I haven't tried yet, though. There used to be a wiki article on Gentoo's wiki detailing how to manually set up the Xbox 360 controller for use on Linux, but it's gone now. I suppose evdev should actually be able to handle detecting and configuring new input devices like game pads, but I'm not actually sure of that. Well, we'll see!

I wish Case Closed: The Last Wizard of the Century hadn't been rescheduled for release on December 29th, then I would have also gotten that for Christmas. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy that and Case Closed: Captured in Her Eyes on the 29th when they both come out! :D

Meriikrisumasu (メリークリスマス) !

No comments: